Tuesday 16 July 2013

Wild Regret.

           Houses were on fire. Trees started to fall. The chaos of my village has begun. Just kidding. It's normal. It's just a bunch of villagers testing their superpowers and doing some chores. Yes. I lived in Bosconovitch Village. Everyone basically owns a very impressive superpower except me. I'm an ordinary child in this village. I have no superpowers or even a smart brain. I'm basically the useless and the stupid boy in the village. My mom always said that I have to find the superpower in me. But all of the villagers said that I'm just useless.

         My name is Wildbie. Wildbie Welchmary. I have two younger sisters. Wenda and Wendy Welchmary. They can fly and they're super fast. Cathrine Welchmary is my mom. She can sing a song that will make all the villagers sleep. The villagers called it sleep powder. I live in a cottage near the Death Falls. The Death Falls is a waterfall that no one ever tried to even touch it. If you touch it you'll die. Literally. So, don't even think of touching it.

        One day, my mom and I went to the library and found something really interesting. It is a book call 'Legend of Power Genie'. It tells you how to immediately get your superpowers. I was so excited to look at the directions but my mom advised me not to even look at it. She said it's dangerous. But she didn't tell me why. I was so mad, I slammed the book on the shelf and leave my mom feeling confused and at the same time feeling sad. I didn't talk to my mom for 3 weeks. I really wanted to try the directions in the book. But I have to pay for the consequence myself.

     So, off I go to the library. I searched and searched for that book and found it. I read the directions and I stood there. Terrified. No wonder mom was so scared. I regret being mad at mom. I regret not talking to her for 3 weeks. She is sad. I am really a bad son. That evening, Wenda and Wendy were showing off their flying skills to me. They said I'm such a loser for not having superpowers. For the first time, I was jealous. I ran to my bedroom and cried. I planned to go to the library and borrow that book tomorrow morning. So that fine morning, with the new spring breeze, I went to the library, borrow that book and sit on my favourite rock near the Death Falls, and read it.

Here's basically what I read:

  • Go to the Death Falls
  • Dive in and search for a magical glass
  • Take the glass to the river bank and pour some water from the Death Falls into the magical glass
  • Drink it and your power will be revealed right away
Note: Only do this when you're ready. Never ever try to do it right away after reading this. You have to be ready, then only the Death Falls will let you dive.

     Right after reading it, I stand at the river bank, in the position to dive. When I try to jump in, I was pushed to the ground and there's a loud splash. I fainted. When I woke up, my sisters told me something really sad. My mom pushed me to the ground and fell in the Death Falls...and......died. She saved my life. She sacrificed herself for me. But what did I do to her? Nothing. I regret. I regret for not listening to her. I regret for being impatient on getting my superpower. I...regret.

By: Alisya


   

2 comments:

  1. Dear Alisya, "houses were on fire" :) and change "they're supepowers" to "their superpowers" :) nice writing, keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete